Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cottages, Shakespeare, Hampton Court: The Circle of London Life

I just saw The Lion King on Broadway
...
in London.
I can't say how amazed I still am
by the fact that
I
am
here.
(I can't believe it's already been a week too!)

I've seen the Lion King show before,
but it still blows my mind.
I cried.
Circle of Life...
that is deep stuff.
And Mufasa, well, he had a voice like chocolate.
Watch out Brian McKnight.


Heyyy check it out!
It's Evan, Kenzie, Kayley, MaCall and I!

The last two days have been crazy busy.
I think all of us are starting to feel a bit wiped out.
we're all loving it :)

Yesterday...
We hit up Shakespeare's stomping grounds.
Hoorah.
It was also the most beautiful and clear day we've had yet!
After all the rain, we just wanted to dance and be outside.
We had our first coach ride to get there.
There were fields upon fields of yellow flowers for most of the drive.
Along the way to Stratford-upon-Avon,
we stopped in this
adorable,
beautiful,
little,
town called Chipping Norton
that I just want to live in for a while.
Can we go back please?
I enjoyed the best baguette there for lunch and even did a little shopping.
Also, I learned a new phrase...
"Are you happy pottering?"
Meaning:
"Are you just looking around, browsing?"
Next was Anne Hathaway's Cottage.
She was Shakespeare's wife ya know.

I absolutely fell in love with this place.
Oh Anne, she had it reallly nice.
Everything just felt so peaceful.
I'd just go there everyday, lay out a blanket and have a picnic.
Probably with
 ice cream,
goldfish
raspberries 
and paninis
if only I could.

This is also the place where my
rapper side
a.k.a. "Lil' Wulf-e"
was introduced to a select few.
Yes,
I did a rap about how Madeleine and I had on
skinny belts
and skinny jeans.
It is now a quoted item in our room most every night.
I couldn't help but think of my Mom at this place
and how much she'd like to paint it.
We had a very nice tour guide too.
He told us about the origin of phrases such as
-"rule of thumb"
-"curfew"
- "sleep tightly"
- and how to clean chimnies with a live bird...so sweet.
I also signed a Happy Birthday card for William Shakespeare.
Just a hop and a skip away was Stratford-upon-Avon.
Shakespeare's hood.
I thought it was nice and I enjoyed my first Magnum bar of the trip.
Delightful.
This is MaCall and I saying
"Wassup!"
just right outside good ol' William's first cottage.
We kinda saw his whole life in a little snippet I guess...
-where he was born
-where he "courted" Anne
and finally...
-where he was buried.
Later that night we saw "Twelfth Night."
To say the least...it was interesting.
I also bought a button that says
"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
It's a quote from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
Splendid :)
Today...
Chello Hampton Court.
You are exquisite-absolutely, positively stunning.
I think that if super heros could be buildings...you'd take the cake.
and I really like it.
Especially your gardens.
I find those neat.
Kate, MaCall, Me and Madeleline in front of the palace!

Ohh you know, just some guy havin a rough day in the court.

 Kenzie, Paige, Me, Kayley, MaCall, Madeleine and Kate
in front of a fountain in the gardens!

P.S. I was also introduced to this delicious candy-Fruitellas.
It's like a starburst...but even better. Mhmmm :)

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed Stratford upon Avon too ... many years ago. Glad you had a lovely day for it! SO enjoying your blog, KJ!! Love ya! GJ

    ReplyDelete