Friday, May 4, 2012

"We have to get our Katniss bags on Pocatello Road!"

Hello.
Hello!
:)
Today..
 it has just been one of those days.
One of those days where I would whistle
if only I could.
I had such a great time exploring.
Especially after sitting in history class
for 3 whole hours
and listening to stories of
other people
exploring.

Today we created a little bit of our own
London history.
Yes,
today was the day that
Kate, MaCall, Madeleine and I
sought out on a mission
to find Katniss bags.
Story time.
I suggest sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce.
(Maybe even on a magic carpet.)

One of my best friends, Brooke Clason,
studied at Cambridge last summer.
She came back with a
Cath Kidston
bag...
and that's where it all started.
I kinda really liked it,
so when I found out I'd be coming
to the
U.K.
I decided I would get one.
It would be my little gift to myself while here.
My treasure from the United Kingdom
You can only find them here.

And today...
I got one!
And hey Casey King aka my future sistah in law...
there's a little something in that bag for you too :)
I've just been so anxious to get one.
I see her bags here everywhere.
-On the Tube
-On tour guides
-On local Brits...
even on Grandmas that got slick style.

I kept looking,
searching high and low,
trying to figure out where to find one.
When someone told me about the shop on Portobello Road
I kept mixing my words up...
"Hey guys, we have to get our Katniss bags on Pocatello Road!"
Sorry Cath Kidston,
I just may always refer to my bag
as my Katniss bag.
Portobello Road was the perfect place to spend the day!
I may have even frolicked down the street a few times.

There were
-antiques
-jewelry
-vintage cameras
-dinosaur umbrellas
-cupcakes
-crepes
-vintage signs
-street performers
-this weird guy that squaked at me as he rode by on his bicycle
and even...
-waffles!
We split one with chocolate on top.
Yummmmmy!
Tomorrow is going to be one looooong day.
We're leaving at 7:45 am for a ride on the coach
and won't be back until after 7 pm.
But we're headed to Brighton, so I'm okay with that :)

1 comment:

  1. Yo mama and me think you be doing goodly! Shop your little heart out, KJ!! xoxoxox GJ

    ReplyDelete