Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I love Old York

May 25
York certainly wasn't quiet in the morning,
and I liked it.
I liked it a whole lot.
Well,
it was quiet at the first place we visited...
Wassup York Minster.
I really liked it in there.
I hope you'll get to go inside someday too!

York...
you are one happenin' place.
I dare say, you are one of my favorites.

Maybe it was all the delicious chocolate...
(Thank you Thorntons Chocolates!)

or maybe even possibly..
the Ostrich burgers...
mmm...or was it even the market
where there are lots of 
good treats
and yummy eats?

In the words of mah boys T-Pain and Maino
 ...
"all the above"

Really, 
York is such a cool place.
I'd like to imagine that Harry Potter comes here
for a nice escape from wizarding pressures. 
Or One Direction?
I don't know,
just someone British and famous I guess. 

Famous like this street...
It's called 
the Shambles.


 But none of this could even prepare me 
for 
Jamie.
Yep, I met a British man.
We were going to run off together
but
.....
 I made him let go of my hand.

I just couldn't let him give up his
fun tricks and shows!
That would be...
well...
just not okay


I started as an innocent bystander,
laughing along with the crowd
when he'd drag on his stories for 
wayyyyy too long
before getting on to his trick.
And then somehow,
I was picked out of that crowd
to throw knives at him 
while he sat on top of an 
8-foot-tall-unicycle.



I do not retract the statement that 

I tend to "throw like a girl",
but I did okay at sending
sharp blades
8 feet up into the air.
See how he's holding them 
all the way up there.
That must mean I did something right.
So I did a little awkward
Kelsey 
dance/bow/"thank you for being here today"
jig.
:) 

From York,
we made our way back to the coach
and onward.
Oh yes, 
we went to Fountains Abbey.
 I was blown away by the ruins there
and the relevancy of the song
"Build me up Buttercup."
Just check out how many they have!




 After being at a place like this
it was rough to get back on the coach.
But you know what,
it's always so nice to be back home-
Back in London. 

Northern Trip=success :)

1 comment:

  1. The whole knife throwing experience would have made me so nervous, glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete