Friday, May 18, 2012

Amanda Seyfried and the Olympics

May 17
Olympics...Wassup.
Today we got to see the sites for the
2012
Summer Olympics.
It was so cool to see.
They definitely got some more work to do
but I think that they'll pull it all together
quite nicely.
I mean it's London, right?

Here's a group of us in front of the Olympic Stadium!
Woot. Woot.
It will be cool to watch the Games back home
and see some familiar places.
I wish I could say see some familiar faces.
Like if I had ran into Mr. Phelps or something.
But that was more of something that happened on the 18th...


I'll tell more later,
I promise
I'm too excited not to tell you.
:)

Later on a group of us went to see
War Horse.
I saw the movie this past New Years Eve
and loved it.
I was a bit nervous to see how they'd do the horses...
since they're a big part of the play I guess...
but I had no reason to be nervous at all.
It was absolutely incredible
and so creative.

Here I am with Kenzie just before the show.

 Plus we were kinda matching, so that was fun!

May 18 
I saw Amanda Seyfried on the Tube.
Woops!
Spoiler alert
 But really, it happened.
MaCall, Madeleine, Kennedy, Romm and I 
were riding the tube to St. Paul's 
to start a walk for one of our classes. 
Even before we got on, I saw her
and leaned over to MaCall,
"Doesn't she look like Amanda Seyfried?"
When we got on we sat right across from her.
We all just kinda kept staring.
Finally,
I just asked.
And she kinda dodged the questions,
looked at the person with her,
whispered
got off the tube at the next stop,
and said goodbye to us all
in her lovely American accent.
I'm sorry I never got a picture with her.

But here is the very seat she sat in!

Here's Romm, he got to sit right next to her.
I think I embarrassed him with my questions.

We went on our walk, and did some
but I just couldn't stop thinking about 
if it was really her.
We were believers
and yet skeptics all at the same time.
I was like a starburst...a juicy contradiction.

When we got back to the centre,
I pulled out my google-izer
and typed in Amanda Seyfried sightings.
Sure enough, she is here in London.

And I spoke with her.
Awesome London moment?
I think yes. 
:) 

Thinking back, I would've liked to have asked her
different questions
instead of just saying, 
"Do you know Amanda Seyfried? 
You look exactly like her."
Really Kelsey?
You go that route?
I should have said something like..
"Hey what was it like to kiss Channing Tatum?"
"Can you still do the jingle-bell rock dance and tell the weather?"
"Did you ever find out who your Dad was?"

I would have earned massive witty points for sure.

Later on tonight we went to the
Vilvadi's Four Seasons 
concert at
St. Martins-in-the-fields
just smack in Trafalgar Square.
It was lovely.

I feel very cultured after my experiences the last few days.
The Olympics will be splendid,
movie stars are real,
and
classical music can definitely be rockin.

2 comments:

  1. How many Romm's can there be in this world? Is that Romm Jackson of SLC who sat beside Amanda Seyfried? If yes, he's the son my college friends Romm and Cheri (Cheri was my roommate for 2 years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are making every day count.

    ReplyDelete