Sunday, May 20, 2012

Playing football with Parliament

Everyday is passing by
faster
and
faster.
Seriously, this week flew by like the
Jamaican bobsled team.
May 19
Hey Hey Parliament.
Yo place is niceeee.
You have some top of the line security too.
MaCall has had a
pocket knife
in her bag everywhere she's been,
and no one has cared yet.
Glad you're always looking out for our safety.
Here's MaCall and I 
with one of your pleasant security guards.

 Holla Holla Big Ben :)
You're even cuter in person!


I think this is my favorite picture of us.


I'll be back later to say hello.
I like this area of London too much
to stay away.
Plus, I like the name Ben :)

Next it was off to Camden Market!
I think I'm still partial to the softer
Portobello Road...grape,
(yes, another Parent Trap moment)
but it was still an awesome day.
First,
we took the tube-
Always an adventure.
Plus now I'm on the lookout for celebrities.

I will miss seeing
and hearing 
"Mind the Gap"
every time I get on the tube.

It's just so much kinder than,
"Watch out man.  
You're going to fall in the giant hole below."

Anyway,
once at Camden we decided it would be best
to look around and then 
get some yummy food.
Chinese for 3.50 was our answer.
And it was certainly delicious.
Here I am with Kate!

We did a lil' boot skoot and boogie down the street
and just look at what I found :)

 I was uber excited.
My big brother who I love dearly served his mission there
and now,
our family gets to go there in August.
Word G-Money.

We did some lookin around and
listened to the 
funny,
dodgy blokes
call us and every woman who walked by 
a beautiful princess.
This one guy was heavily pushing a tank top 
with an owl on it.
Finally I just said,
"I'm scared of owls."
That was the end of that conversation :) 
 
The next conversation was all about
Crepes.
Mmmm.
I got one with fresh strawberries,
white chocolate
and nutella
It was simply heavenly.
 
 Madeleine's was delightful too!
Hers had apples, cinnamon and white chocolate in it.
 
But the night time was when it all got realll exciting.
After finishing up a paper for my history class
I booked it to the nearest pub,
The Champion,
with Madeleine and Romm
to try to watch the big
Champions League Final
football game of 
Bayern Munich
vs.
Chelsea
However, this is me standing outside a different pub.
Every place was packed!
Should've known better.

 I still loved even just witnessing all the happenings at the pub
for such a big game.
So much fun! 
No worries,
still watched Chelsea pull out a win
back at the Centre in our lovely servery. 

Here's Romm and I.
It was a pretty stressful game to watch.
Overtime and a penalty shoot-out.
Everything went down.

 
I wasn't really sure who to root for.
I'm more of a Manchester United fan 
but I mean Chelsea is an England team.
Bayern would've had it in the bag
except Robben missed his penalty kick earlier on. 

Either way, 
I love football.
:)

Plus after the game,
we watched...
Megamind.
Solid night at the schoolhouse 
 I would say.
 
 May 20
I love my ward here.
I really, really do. 

Today we had five kids.
That's the most we've ever had!
I was so excited and feeling just jammy.
We just played
and talked about how much we love animals.

Here we are coloring :)

 Tomorrow, it's off to Scotland!
Lochness Monster...
I hope to see you there. 
We'll be gone on an adventure
for the whole week.
We get to go to York, Ambelside, Edinburgh and even 
Preston
to see the temple there.

I simply cannot wait :) 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Like seeing you in your Bend wear, getting excited about your 2nd International trip this summer as we prep for Brazil. You will have some serious frequent flyer miles. Have fun in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...since when is there a tv in the servery?! haha Wasn't there when I was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm even more jealous about the Scotland adventure! Hope you get to see/hear the tattoo at Edinburough. And the castle! Remember, Grandfather sez the Loch Ness monster is his cousin, so be gentle! (His ancestors came from Culloden, near Loch Ness).

    ReplyDelete