Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"When I grow up..." I'll like Sherlock Holmes and still love Matilda

May 15

I live in London.
That means I get to see beautiful views
like this.
Ohhh how happy I am :)


This is just standing right outside the
National Gallery.
We had to go there yesterday for a site assignment
and I am ooh so glad we did.
I loved it there.
I even bought a print of a painting there.
It's called "Hay Wain" by Constable.
I learned about it two years ago
 in my Humanities class
and I thought it was cool in the books.
Seeing it in person was a whole new experience.
I just want to lay in that big empty field
and look up at the clouds.
Making shapes and animals
out of the giant marshmellows floating above.

Before heading here, we ate lunch at
The Sherlock Holmes Pub.
How sweet is that!

We all had just the yummiest food.
But that wasn't even the best part.
Our waitress...was da bomb. 
She was just so excited to see us and have someone to talk to.
She came here a year ago and just fell in love with the city.
Her advice
"Put on your wellies and just head out the door!
And never make plans, they always get ruined.
Be spontaneous, fall in love with London 
It's impossible not to be happy here."
I liked her.
I wish she woulda, coulda rapped it for us.
But the message still stuck with me either way :)

I felt like little curly-haired Kelsey Jean again tonight.
Why?
Because I saw 
Matilda
on Broadway!

Okay, no joke,
best musical ever.
It's already won something like seven awards.
I have never felt so happy in a musical.
I was laughing like a giddy kid.
Meaning,
my eyes kinda bug out a bit,
I sit on the tip of my seat
I jump up and down
and I just laugh.

I cried too.
Especially during this song called,
"When I grow up..."
I was just so happy because
they used a 
plethora 
of 
swings.
It really doesn't get much better than that :)
I've decided that I'm not a grown up yet,  
at all.
There's a line in there that says
"When I grow up I'll be brave enough to fight the creatures
that you have to fight beneath the bed..."
Yeahhhh...
mmm,
 I still check my bed every night for spiders.
Otherwise I'm too afraid to go to bed.
I've never once encountered one.
And I don't really have an attack plan for if one were to cross my path.
Must be because I gotta rep with the spidahs 
and they're all afraid of me.
That's it.
Definitely advise you to see this musical though.
It will leave you feeling good inside.
Kinda like you're at DisneyWorld,
but a little different I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment