Sunday, May 6, 2012

You Brighton up my Day!

Happy Sunday!

This morning six other girls and I went on
quite the pilgrimage
to get to our chapel for church today.
Which was fitting
since we've been reading The Canterbury Tales in class
and we had a nice visit at The Canterbury Cathedral yesterday.

To get to our ward that starts at 9 am,
we have to leave at 7:15.
We take the Tube,
switch lines,
board a train
and walk up a nice hill.
All completely worth it.

I'm so excited to be involved with this ward.
Half of our group was assigned to the Primary
and half were assigned to Young Womens.

For the next six weeks
I will be working in the Primary
of the Catford ward in Blackheath, England.

Today we had two kids in class.
I enjoyed them.
Especially when the subject of football
(soccer)
came up.
The two kids went against the teacher's opinions and proudly said,
"Liverpool is rubbish!"
One of the boys is named Malachai and he likes to draw.
He showed me some of his work.
Monsters are his favorite,
but don't worry,
"only the nice ones."
:)

This is the building we'll be meeting in!


Yesterday...
Was a great day,
and what a day it was! 

We got to go to Brighton.
We got to go the beach.
This was more of an Oregon coast beach
than a Flordia beach.
Meaning...
it was freezing!
Someone even told us that it was colder yesterday
than it was on
Christmas Day.
Yikes-a-bee.
I still put my feet (in my rainboots)
 in the water.
It was splendid.


I've decided Brighton would be
absolutely
positively
the most delightful place to visit
...
if it were warm.

We walked around,
got lunch on the pier,
and even saw a kid's parade!


While in Brighton we even got to go inside
the Brighton Royal Pavillion.
That place is
intense
to say the least!


Hey it's Kennedy, MaCall, Erin, Me, Jasmine and Mallory!
It's all oriental on the inside.
My favorite was in the great dining hall...
there's a
dragon
hanging from the ceiling
clutching a
2,000 pound
chandelier in its claws.
Wicked.

I also found a puddle to dance in.
That was enormously fun and distracting...
Ooops :)
Next it was back to the coach
and off to Canterbury.
I really quite like their cathedral there.
We even got to stay for an
Evensong service.
Those choir boys...
whew,
they can sing.
I found it all to be pretty sweet.


p.s. I'm way oh so super duper crazy excited
because
people are starting to catch on that
I love dinosaurs.
Exhibit A:

These are two dinosaurs that
Madeleine drew.
They are named Minkus
and
Reptar the 17th.
Kristen then added on
"Kelsey's love."
:)

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at your blog every night before I go to sleep, sometimes I dream of joining you on your adventures.

    ReplyDelete