Thursday, May 31, 2012

Food, Glorious Food

May 26


...and you thought I was joking, huh?
:)
Borough Market-
You
are a glorious place.
And it's not just the 
food,
glorious food,
oooh no.
It's the...
...the.... 
...the...
(The Grinch!)
everything.

I love the massive amounts of people,
the bulging eyes when people see a hunk of bread on the counter,
the samples,
the freshly squeezed juices,
and even
the silly tourists there who take pictures of 
everything
just like me.

Like these yummy snacks I just bought.
I couldn't just buy
honey cashews and 
chocolate
cinnamon
covered
almonds.
Absurd.
I had to take a picture and document such an 
exciting moment!

Or like this time I saw this sign
and all I could think of was Aerosmith
and me singing into a spatula
while my dad plays the air guitar.

Okay now,
that was probably the peak of my 
tourist-ness
during this whole study abroad
that day.

Other photo worthy moments of the day...

Eating a kangaroo burger
...well that was sure tasty
and quite the experience.

Taking pictures
just because the Union Jack is present.

 It's Jubilee Weekend so flags are everywhere!

Or even meaning to take a picture
of my scrumptious raspberries...
but not remembering until they're all pretty much gone.
Maybe that's why my smile is so big,
because I ate them all.
Food for thought...
:)

Next we went to Harrods.
It was more of a museum than a store to me.
The prices were just so out of reach
that I felt like I couldn't touch anything.
...
You could even say the prices went to
Infinity and Beyond!
 Yes, he is completely built of Legos.
I wonder if Buddy the Elf could do that.
That place is like...a whole new world

I also decided to be clever
(yes, decided-it doesn't happen naturally)
and make it look like I was in their magazine.
Trickster.

Later on I went to the Champion pub
with my buddies Trent, Romm and MaCall.
We watched the England vs. Norway football game
and England won.
Then to celebrate our victory
we all sipped through individual straws
from a single cup of
our non alcoholic
diet coke
beverage...
at the same time.
Seal of the friendship. 

It was nice to do some of the local stuff today. 
I like being,
pretending to be
British

1 comment:

  1. Love sharing your adventures through your blog. Can't wait to see you in just a few days. enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete