Friday, June 1, 2012

Mufasa, I think I met your cousin!

May 28
This morning we had our history midterm-
I've decided not to dwell on it.
But I hope to always remember
Trent and his remarks on the Google doc
...
"Nothing irritates me more than lots of things students do."

Oh how I will miss the London Centre
and all the fun people here. 

After the midterm, we just had to get out.
Off to the National Portrait Gallery!
And then I had to play in Trafalgar Square
because it's the closest thing to a 
playground
that I've found.

I've put up to vote the name of
Mr. T
for this fine lion here.
At first it was Mr. T as in Mr. Trafalgar.
But now, it's just Mr. T as in,
"I pity the fool."
Because I'm pretty sure this lion would say
"I pity the fools who 
need a boost 
just to sit on my back."
  
Here's MaCall and I just sitting 
on the ledge of the square...
...on the edge of glory even?

It was a beautiful day!
The views here always take my breath away :)

My favorite view of the day though
has to be
...
Classic Asian Invasion. 
:)

Later on tonight we went to see
Wicked.
If you were to personally ask me
what my favorite part of Wicked was
I would say
  Elphaba's awkward dancing scene.
The theater scene here is 
so different than back in the states.
The theater was hardly full
so after intermission we moved up 
for some better seats.
I think now would be the best time to say,

Dear London
and everyone here,
"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good."

Thank you for that :)

May 29
Woahhh Baby.
Class for 6 hours is rough.
It was like being back in elementary school
but without
snack breaks,
recess,
naptime
or 
joy.

Just kidding, I still felt joyful...
I'm in London :)

Tonight...
the girls just wanted to have fun.
And what better way to have fun,
than to go to Piccadilly Circus
...
...
and see Zac Efron?
Well
see him in 
"The Lucky One."

First on my list though-
Lillywhites.
I bought an England jersey.

Why Engand?
Because this Saturday
I will be at Wembley Stadium
with Spence, Romm and Cree
cheering on at a white-out football match
between 
England and Belgium.
I am stoked for this.
Thank you for having a birthday Romm 
 :)

Ohh Piccadilly Circus.
At night, you are oh so filled
with dodgy chaps.
One specific bloke kept following me
talking about a night club,
and asking where I was from.
Finally I just said, 
"Nowhere."
And he replied,
"Oh, Norway!"

All I could think of was "A Cinderella Story"
Quote:
"You know, it costs a fortune to fly in that stuff from
Norwegia."
And I just couldn't just help but laugh.

Always an adventure in London town.

No comments:

Post a Comment