Sunday, June 17, 2012

At Wem-buh-lee

June 2
Do I love soccer?
Nay,
do I love football?
Yes.
Oh how I love football.
My first team ever
was back in Washington.
We were called
 the Breezers.
Do I have a Pochahantas hairtie in my side ponytail?
Once again,
yes.

I loved playing soccer.
I still love playing soccer.
But now I can say
I love football too.
I love football in England.
and most especially
 the
England
National
Team.



Thanks to my buddy Romm,
I got to dance like a fool
out of pure excitedness
because he let me have one of his extra tickets
here...


...Wembley Stadium.
Or as I like to say in my raps
to make it rhyme with things...
Wem-buh-lee.
(This was taken after I stopped
dancing to "like a G6"
in the middle of the street.)
Here I am with the kind man himself
in the
19th row
just before the game.
I felt like a little kid at Disneyland.
I have been dreaming of going to
Wembley
ever since I can remember.
And probably since even before I can remember.
Thanks again Romm,
you're the best!
It all started with
"God Save the Queen."
Attached to everyone's seat was a
piece of red or white paper.
We were asked to hold them up
when the national anthem started to play.
And when we all did
it made the England flag.
I have to admit I felt some British pride.
Just a tid bit :)
Here's the England vs. Belgium lineup before the game.
And it wasn't too long until
my main man
David Wilbeck scored.
And that's the way the score stayed for the rest of the game
:)
Cheers to England!
I was happy with that.
Oh yes indeedy I was.
But...
one thing I've learned about London
is to expect the unexpected.
Everything here is unreal.
Like seeing David Beckham
and my personal favorite moment of the night
...
seeing my main squeeze
Wayne Rooney
play the second half.
Here he is reppin the 2-0!
Listening to the crowds cheer
"Rooney, Rooney, Rooney!"
was so much fun!
Except I didn't just listen,
I cheered,
loudly.
And I was so excited,
I'm pretty sure even Rooney himself
may have been able to hear me!
At least I hope so.
:)
It was such an amazing night.
I can't wait until I get to come back
only 1 week from today
to see some more of my favorite
playahs...
...also known as...
J Beibs, Usher, Jessie J and Coldplay.
Thank you Wembley!

No comments:

Post a Comment