Friday, June 29, 2012

Diamonds are Forever

June 3
Before I came to London
 I would hear of
Queen Elizabeth the 2nd
and tend to think of
The Parent Trap...
(once again)
"We met on the QE2
 It's an ocean liner that sails from London to New York."

However,
Queen Elizabeth the Second
is so, so
oh so so so
much more than that.
She has been the reigning Queen now for
60 years.
Woah baby!
And to celebrate
the Brits threw her one smashing party.
It lasted the whole weekend.
Talk about a loved woman!
And now I can honestly say,
I love her too.
:)

Thank you for inviting us to your big party!

Here's Lauren and I with our own
Diamond Jubilee Flags
:)

Today after church
a group of us went down to the
Thames River
(pronounced Tems)
and parked it right in front 
of the Tate Modern
to see the river-boat parade.
And man oh man was it packed
with people
and
British pride.


Look, you can even see Amanda and Bronwyn
in front of this lady with the lovely hat.


To help us endure 
climbing through the masses of
enthusiastic,
fantastic,
love-the-Queen-tastic
people
the Centre provided us with food to make 
our own sack lunches.
That didn't last too long.
Not just the food..
(I mean, there were Snickers bars in there!)
but also the bags.
Jaden and I had a hard time coping at first.
...
then we realized we were in London
at the 
Queen's Diamond Jubilee,
and we couldn't help but smile
and take a picture
to remember this moment forever!

Other moments to remember...

We wanted to actually see
the Royal Family 
and the beautiful Thames
in all its glory.
But where to go?
There really were people
everywhere.

Ey yo Tarzan?
People were in the trees...

really anything that could hold you 
up into the London sky
was taken...

Except for 
our own secret weapon...
our huge muscles.
Oh yes,
we took turns holding each other up.
Probably one of my 
funniest
and 
favorite 
memories in London.

 

Right when we were ready
and heading back to the Centre for the night 
we had to stop because on the next boat
was
...
the Queen!
And just how did we know it was her?
I think it was all of the adorable kids screaming.
"God Save the Queen!"
at the top of their lungs
 that tipped us off.
:)
I absolutely love 
how much 
the people love 
her Majesty, the Queen.

Getting to back to the Tube was 
crazy.
The rain was pouring down.
Everywhere,
 dancing and singing.
I was so completely soaked
I didn't bother putting my hood on,
and I danced 
and I sang 
right along with them.

Happy Diamond Jubilee and Happy Sunday to Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment