Monday, June 4, 2012

Harry Potter Time- Making the real world more magical

May 30

ba bum, ba ba bum, ba da da
That is the best attempt I can make
at the Harry Potter theme song.
And I know it pretty well
not only because I love Harry Potter
but because it has been my roommate Cami's ring tone
 just about as long as I can remember.

Today I felt like a little kid at Disneyland.
I tell you, if someone were to ever say to me,
"Kelsey, you just won the Superbowl, what's next?"
I would reply,
"I'm going back to see the HP studio!"
Yep,
I stand by my statement.
It was that awesome!

It took us a little while to get there.
The magic all started right when we got off the train.
First double-decker bus experience in London,
and it's decked out in Harry Potter excited-ness...
I am more than okay with that.

Here's Jaden, me, Kayley and Amanda in front of it.
 
It's too bad the actual Knight Bus couldn't come 
and pick us up.
But no worries,
we saw that one later.

Here are our tickets.

Mine has Doby on it.
My favorite line of his would have to be,
"Doby never meant to kill.
Doby only meant to maim or seriously injure."

The Warner Bros Studio Tour,
The Making of Harry Potter,
was incredible.
It was created to
"make the magical world more real,
and the real world more magical."
And oh boy oberto,
it certainly did just that
and maybe even a little more.
:)
Let me just start by saying that these aren't replicas.
No no.
They are the real deal.

The real Great Hall,
the real Yule Ball attire,

the real Gryffindor Boy's Dormitory
and even,
the real Doby himself!
His parting words:
"Such a beautiful place to be with friends..."
I say with no shame
that I cried when he died.

I stood where they all stood.
Well, I danced where they stood.
I was too happy and excited to just stand there.

Other dance worthy moments...

Goin up to see Mr. Dumbledore.

Triwizard cup, anyone?
Oh! And the egg that tells Harry about
the creepy mermaids in the lake.

"Magic is Might"
Oh Puddle.
Always trying to knock us muggles down.
And here's the scary one who started it all...
Voldemort.

 "And his name is Voldemort, so you might as well use it.
He's going to try and kill you either way."
Power to you McGonagall.

Sorry McGonagall,
but the Knight Bus got to me first.

:)

I love the Knight Bus.
Of course, we had to toast to it with some yummy Butter Beer.
Here I am with Tiffany, Amanda, Jaden
Kayley, Whitney and Kayley.
I simply love them. 

Another epic picture of us all?
Ello Potter Cottage.
Note the invisible wands 
in action
in each of our hands.

And this here is where our catchy phrase,
"Rain or shine, it's Potter time!"
came to life.
We booked it through the pouring rain
to stand here,
 at the house on Privet Drive.
Of course, if we had just waited
30 more seconds,
the rain would have stopped.
And yet of course, we couldn't wait.
It was just too hard to resist!
Kinda like asking that little shrimpy guy in Nemo
to stop cleaning the tank.
"Not gon' happen."
But we did wait a minute,
and we got this...
one of my very favorite pictures of the day.
Twins at Hogwarts Bridge
with this lovely bird Amanda.

Teaching the little murderous chess piece
about prayer
Nooo,
just imitating him.
:)


And of course, 
never can forget
Diagon Alley.

and the most emotional part of it all,
(yes, I do believe we all cried)
the Hogwarts Castle model
used in all the spanning castle shots.
Just imagine coming out of Diagon Alley,
walking around the corner
and seeing
this.
Soundtrack music included.

And to finish it all off,
this was the quote that sent us back
into the real world.
(Although now,
I'm pretty positive Hogwarts does exist,
somewhere.)
.....
"The stories we love best
do live in us forever,
so whether you come back by
page or by the big screen,
Hogwarts will always be there 
to welcome you home."
-J.K. Rowling


1 comment: