Friday, June 8, 2012

Peeta enjoys runs through Hyde Park, Double-decker buses and a nice cup of Fro-Yo

June 1
Seriously
where did May go?
June is a big month for me too.
I come home,
I start my internship,
and I get to work on wedding plans
...
no no not me, I didn't meet a British man :)
they're for my big brother and his adorable wife-to-be, Casey.

I started out the day with a 
run through Hyde Park
flyin' solo.
First song to kick it all off?
"What Makes You Beautiful."
Oh One Direction
MaCall and I think you are beautiful.

I have come to love Hyde Park.
This part is my favorite.
Plus, remember the picture of the 
awkward hugging bears statue,
the ones I named Polly and Rufus?
They live just right around the corner.

  I had to stop here for a minute
and just walk around.
I love the fountains, the people there, and the view of the pond.
All the while thinking of Wordsworth's words,
"Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
A sight so touching in its majesty." 
I've had a lot of moments like that here
where I've just had to stop and look around
reminding myself of where I am.
Kinda like a remix of "Stop in the name of love,"
but more like
"Stop in the name of London, before it's June 14th."

Today I also went to Greenwich!
That was one of the things on my list to do.
We took a boat there and everything!
This is Amanda
and I think she is soooo sweet.
Plus she's going to the Summertime Ball with
MaCall, Lauren and I.
:)

And see these shoes...
and these feet...
they have walked
and walked,
and walked
everywhere.
(with much swagger nonetheless)


First stop?
Food.
That's been a fun experience here.
We try to never go to the same place twice.
And this place...
well I don't think we'll ever see
 one like this again.



The Big Red.
Yummiest Margarita pizza
and
in a double-decker bus. 
I highly enjoyed myself.

And then...
...cue movie trailer soundtrack...
we stepped on the Prime Meridian 

 That's where the line of longitude is defined as
zero.
We couldn't stop laughing while we took this
for some reason.
I guess that line is just a good joke teller.


And here's the Jader-bug and I!
She calls me Kesley.


We've decided we can give each other 
nick-names
since we're just that tight.
We're top bunk buddies and
she wakes me up in the morning
since I am without an alarm clock.
I just love her.
 When we got back to London,
there was only one thing on our mind...
homework,
working out,
frozen yogurt!
Never,
I mean never
has frozen yogurt ever been so full
of such deliciousness!
Strawberries, kiwis, mangoes and blueberries?
Yes, please.


And what better way to end the night
than with
Peter Pan.

I would have written 
"Peeta"
because that way it sounds more British...
but
 now that Hunger Games are
swooping the nation
that's not the first thought.
No, no.
Peeta equals British Peter.
Peeta equals Katniss Baker Boy.

 Today was so much fun.
I really have learned that 
nothing
is ever 
a waste of time.
We can choose how we remember our time.
And I plan on remembering it
all
with a smile.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Love you. Sad you have to leave, but SO excited for you to come home! :)

    ReplyDelete