Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wouldn't it be nice to sing in the rain?

 May 31


Covent Garden,
I'd have to agree.
I think Britain is sweet.
:)
All of my journeys have helped me to see that
about you, Britain.
You literally taste sweet too.
I know,
I have eaten
almost every kind of ice cream 
and treat
you have to offer.

And even your non-sweet treats
make me so so happy.
Like this delicious  grilled lamb sandwich 
from the market.

Or even the kinds of special treats
around every corner in Covent Garden
that aren't meant for eating...
Like street performers.
This string quartet was my favorite.
They danced,
I smiled,
and together we shared a beautiful
happy moment.

Not so much with 
"Footloose Felicity"
though.
She kinda scared us.
There's Kristen and I...
...and there's Footloose Felicity in the back.

And the sweetest treat of all?
Being able to see and be in Covent Garden
with people that I love so much.
This is Madeleine.
It's been her dream to come here for so long now.
Every time she would start to sing,
"Wouldn't it be lovely,"
like Audrey Hepburn,
I would think back to the Beach Boys
(and Fifty First Dates)
and sing,
"Wouldn't it be nice."
All in all, I do say, it turned into being
 quite the swell mash-up.

Covent Garden was full of treats
and so was Hatchard's.
That place is the oldest book store in London,
dating way back to 1797.
Woah baby.
I wanted to get something there but  
I just didn't know what...
until I saw a certain pink book on the shelf.
Spoiler Alert: I bought such stated book :)
"The Little Princess"
is it's name.
I've never read the book,
but my Dad and I would watch the movie together
all the time when I was little.
He'd then kiss me on the forehead and say,
"You know,  
you're my little princess."

I am so grateful for my Dad.
I can't wait to read this book
on the flight home
right before I get to see my Dad again.
 It will be hard to leave London,
but there really is
no place like home.


Tonight we decided to go see
Singin' in the Rain.

That's one thing I really love about London.

It's so nifty to be sitting in the Centre one minute
with no plans for the night
and the next be in downtown London
in balcony seats for a show.
 
Singin' in the Rain...
one of the best performances 
I have ever seen.
It was just so fun!I cried at the end from 
laughing and
smiling so much.
And when I left,
it wasn't raining,
but boy oh boy did I dance and sing
the whole way home.
I was happy,
I am happy...
And I want everyone to be happy too.

1 comment:

  1. Loving every post, KJ. Mason is visiting, and he is enjoying your blog, too. And your special DAD can hardly wait for you to come home ... we'll all party that night to celebrate his birthday (early) and your return to Bend. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete