Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rappin' and a Rhymin' in Ambleside

Woahhh baby.
Grab your nearest fairy tale book,
read to me the scenery,
yep
that's where I am right now.
Ambleside has got to be 
one of 
the 
most
beautiful places 
I have ever been.

It's impossible for me to not just want to 
frolic
around here.
Actually,
 I did that a few times today
How about I start with yesterday?
I think I shall!

May 21
It all started out with a long coach ride.
I like listening to music on the coach.
It helps pass the time.
Plus MaCall and I discovered that we don't need 
no choreographer to break it down.
We just happen to know all the same moves
and do them at the same times.
Watch out Chris Brown.

Today was really something.
We actually got to go...
oh boy...
inside
the England 
Missionary Training Center
for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
That place is slick.
I love missionary work.
It was so cool to actually get to go inside and see 
where the best two years all begin.
Just up the street was the Preston Temple too.
I find it quite beautiful.

 
It's MaCall and I!

We decided to keep with the church theme 
and head on over to the River Ribble 
where some of the first members of the church were baptized.
There really is a spirit there.
I love this gospel...
People ran to this river to be the 
first members in England to be baptized.


We also got to go to this beautiful garden just nearby.
I felt like I was in the garden in Mulan.
Here I am with Kristen and Whitney!
When we finally got to Ambleside
we all got checked into our hotels, 
and then we split off into two different groups
so as to not completely overwhelm this quaint place.
Storytime: 
Everyone is staying in a Bed and Breakfast...a "B&B"
yeah, we just got one B...Bed...
actually, Beds.
Yes, somehow we ended up with three rooms
and eight beds,
just no breakfast.
No worries, Madeleine, Kate, MaCall and I are enjoying our stay :)

And guess where we ate dinner at?
Dove Cottage.
Chicka, What?
Wordsworth lived in this crib back in the day.
We started it off with homemade lemonade,
brown sugar included.
Our host also told us that juice=squash.
So really,
we enjoyed a nice bit of lemon squash.
Oh so British, I like it.

Here's my buddy Jared and I toasting to the brilliant day!

 This is Jaden.  She is really spiffy, and we like to say 
"Wordsworth"
like it's super cool.
Okay, it is super cool.
It's worth a try next time you do a fist pump.

Me and the lovely Madeleine in Wordsworth's backyard.

Being there,
I can see how he was inspired
to write poems like he did.
Makes me wonder what kind of environment
Dr. Seuss
was living in. 
What in the world was inspiring him?

Next we got to go see the cemetary 
where some of the Wordsworth's were buried.
I have pictures of the graves, 
but it kinda scares me
So rather, I'll share with you this
incredibly awkward photo
of my buddy Romm and I.


Really, I think the awkwardness is effortless.

Here's our most of our group for the trip.
Hey, Hey Group A!

After our time hangin out with Wordsworth
we were set free into the wild.
We decided to take a stroll down to the lake.
Holy snicker doodles, it was oh so appealing.

 And then I decided to stare down a duck
just for kicks.

May 22
Good morning Ambleside
I see why you have so many 
Beds and Breakfasts... 
finding breakfast here is rough.   
Nothing opens here until at least ten
I'm glad you get to sleep in though...
I hope you had great dreams this morning,
maybe even of penguins and dinos dancing.

We ended up finding a lil 7-11 type place called
Greggs
and ate our meals on this lovely wall
as the sheep baaaahed in the background.

Notice anything else different about this picture?
...
It's sunny out!
Oooh how I love the sun!
I now better understand why they use the song, 
"Here comes the sun"
in The Parent Trap
when they go to London.

Next it was off to the Jerwood Centre,
right next to Dove Cottage.
It was at this place,
and at this time,
that a beautiful rap was born. 
I really did like hearing about Woodsworth,
getting to pass around first editions of his poetry
but it all became awkward 
when our curator would hand around a book
and just sit in silence.
Hence, one of the lines in our rap:

"The sun is out and the sheep are playing,
We're handing 'round books and we just keep praying
that she'll tell a joke when it's quiet all around,
'awks' is the word, hear a pin drop on the ground..."
-Lil Wulf-e and Tundra

Later, it was time for a hike. 
We did some climbing...
I do recall some girls bustin' out 
"It's the Climb"
by Miley Cyrus
at some point in the journey.
 Always, makes for a fun memory.

 This is Jessica.  She's my bunk mate back at the Centre.

It was a 
Walk to Remember.
I felt like i was in Scotland almost,
but no, 
that would be our next stop on the trip :)

We did another hike later on.
We went to a waterfall
and decided it would be best to 
walk through the water
like 
Katniss on foot. 


Of course later we had to do some heel clicks 
while coming back into town.
That was absolutely necessary.

I loved Ambleside
oh so much.

"It's all good and fun, 
here we'll abide,
Just rappin' and a rhymin
in 
Ambleside."
  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a blast Kelsey. Great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had perfect weather for your northern adventure! So glad you had such a great time, KJ!! Missing you at home, but so happy for you! xoxox GJ

    ReplyDelete