Thursday, May 17, 2012

Well Hello there Mr. Darcy.

May 16
Woah Baby!
I think that this place is grand.
I really do.
Today was truly a day of class.
We hit up Jane Austen's home in Chawton,
skittered on over to Stourhead,
and then off to the Roman Baths...in Bath.

Heyyy Jane Austen.
Your house was quite nice to visit.
I can see why it was such a lovely place to write.
I bought your book "Persuasion" there.
I've never read it before.
So don't be fooled by this picture.

I'll read it when I get home, okay?
(That's less than a month away...so soon!)

Next, it was off to Stourhead.
I don't think I can even 
begin to,
attempt to,
describe how b-e-a-utiful this place is.
I wonder if the fish in Finding Nemo know about this place,
because if so,
I think it would be their happy place to go to
when crazy Darlah comes out for a visit.

Recognize this bridge?

This is where Elizabeth Bennett
aka
Kierra Knightley
runs through the rain
to Mistah Darcy
in the latest Pride and Prejudice movie.
And yes, 
she booked it across this bridge.

She then made her way up to this spot
that overlooks this beautiful lake.
It's where Mr. Darcy chose to propose
and was then rejected.

Here's Cree and I reenacting that very moment.

I tried my best to get my Kierra Knightley thizzle face on,
as she was so disgusted by this man at the time,
but I just couldn't stop laughing.

I decided to be like Dora and do a little exploring for a moment.
Look at this swell cubby Madeleine found!
(I got a Charlie horse in my foot climbing up there... 
but we don't need to talk about that.)

We found lots of cool caves too.
I never found Batman in one though.
He was actually in Bath today.
I even want to be like this old couple someday.
I just want to come back,
and sit
with absolutely nothing to do but look and listen.
But I guess that in itself is something, isn't it? 
:)
I wonder what their story is...
I'm thinking he proposed in a much more graceful manner
than Mr. Darcy.

We even got ice cream!
I do love ice cream.
I told my Mom though that when I get back,
I want to go straight to Dairy Queen to get a 
chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard.
Those are my very favorite.
That's my big craving here...
cookie dough,
mmm and goldfish.
I always love goldfish.

Stourhead was a success.
It has been one of my favorite places so far.
I feel like even though a picture is worth
1,000 words,
all my hundreds of photos won't even begin
to describe how absolutely incredible this place is.
Please do go if you get the chance :)

Next, it was off to Bath.
This is one of those places I thought I'd only ever get 
to see in pictures.
But I was there.

"Are you sure this waters' sanitary Looks questionable to me."
Yeah, you can't go in that water any more.
But the ducks sure seem to enjoy it in there.
However, you can take a sip of some of the other Bath water.
And that's just what we did.
It's said to have medicinal powers.
It smells like hard boiled eggs...
and not the good kind your Mom makes on Easter Sunday.

Here's how it all went down.

Hey...I guess lets go for it. Yay Bath water!

 Anndddd down it goes...

Ahh nasty.
But happy we all did it :)

Next, we got to go to a crescent...
not a Pilsbury crescent roll,
or the kind of crescent moon that Buzz Lightyear goes to,
but...
the Royal Crescent.
That is some sweet architecture right there.


All in all, 
it was a lovely day.
See you tomorrow!
We're going to the Olympic sites.
Stoked.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the couple sitting quietly, the fact that you notice those moments makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete