Monday, May 14, 2012

Beautiful Love

It's hard to get caught up on this thing
when we do sooo much everyday.
Everyday here is a good day.
It's like Samuel Johnson says, 
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life;
for there is in London all that life can afford."
Now Mister Samuel Johnson,
I would agree with you on the first part.
There is a crazy cool amount to see and do here.
But there is so much to this world.
Like the people I love
back home,
who aren't in London with me.

Yesterday was Mother's Day.
When we arrived at church we discovered 
that their Mum's Day is in March...
but that didn't stop me from 
thinking about my own Mum all day.
Maybe my Mom and I will have to 
come back to London 
in March
and then be back in the states in May.
That way she can have two 
whole
Mum days.
She is that incredible.
I think she deserves them both and
many,
many,
more.
  

She's been handed a rough trial in her life
and yet still,
she faces everything she does 
with positivity.
It still sticks with me that 
one day when I asked her how she was feeling 
she replied,
"It's been a good day.
I've just decided to make 
every day
a good day."

And to you I say, "We'll make everything right, my beautiful love."

Another beautiful love of mine 
was just married on
May 11th.
Her name is 
was
Brooke Clason.
Now she is a married woman.
I can't wait until I get to see her again.
This time as 
Mrs. Brooke Smith.

We have been the best of friends since we met 
our freshman year
at BYU.

Since this very picture our freshman year
we have been through 
just about everything together.
It was hard to be away from her
on her special day.
One of her songs with her
new husband 
is 
"Beautiful Love."
It came on my ipod when on my way back from Paris
and I just missed her so.

So, Brooke...
heres to 
"Beautiful soul",
Say Yes to the Dress,
Friday Night Lights,
gummy worms,
deep discussions,
witty moments,
light hearted laughs,
dancing because we can
and 
 Goo Goo Doll drives.

I wish I could have been there with you
on your big day.
But know that I look forward to
endless memories to come with you.
I'd say we have a friendship worth celebrating.


love you Brookie  :)


 May 12
Oh my golly,
it was just oh so beautiful outside.
We decided a picnic would really be
the ultimate,
best way
ever
to spend our time.
We filled our picnic basket with 
chips,
sandwiches,
twix bars,
cookies
and
S^2.
S Squared is what we use in reference to 
Sense and Sensibility.
Yeah, we had planned on reading
but there were cute kids,
cute British kids,
cute British kids with scarfs on,
playing.
Mind they had accents.
I mostly people watched.
And it was a joyous occasion.
My favorite is to watch the locals
with their 
Squirrel
fascination.

May 13
For all us Americans,
it was still Mums day.
I missed being able to hear the lil'
Primary kids
singing at church.
It's always just so...
 ...tender.
I was in the Nursery today.
I also made a friend.
She's two years old,
wears stylin' oxford shoes,
has an older sister
and doesn't talk a whole lot.
But...
Her name is Natalie
and she likes dinosaurs too :)

May 14 

Woahhh baby!
Am I really almost caught up?
Thank you for hanging in there withe me :)
I truly do appreciate it.   
 This is one of the first days I've made it to breakfast
in a looooong time.
Sleeping in those extra 20 minutes
 with my stuffed dinosaur friend Ronaldo 
has become very valuable time out here.
After a whopping 3 hours of history class
Kate, MaCall, Madeleine and I
decided to take a gander through Hyde Park.
And boy oh boy what a journey it was!
.....
First, I traveled through the 7 layers 
of the Underground Tube Station,
past the tappy-outtie-thing-a-ma-jig,
and under the Marble Arch.
Then, I tip toed through the park
until I came across a flock of pigeons.
And then I ran, bounded and leaped.

I even did a little fishing along the way.
Look Dad, aren't you proud!

I tried a new technique.

Then, I stumbled upon this quite lovely tree.
Wouldn't it be nice to just hide out in there?
It reminds me of those sneaky tree costumes
in Peter Pan.
 I like it.
So does Kate.


I'm to retire to bed now.
I know that if I just remember my Mom
that tomorrow
and every day after that
will be a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is good to always think of your Mum. Someday you will take me to all these lovely places.

    ReplyDelete