Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hangin with One Direction at Platform 9 and 3/4

Yesterday...
was crazy!
We went everywhere.
I mean that truly and sincerely.
Pretty much just
watch
this video.
"One Thing" by One Direction
Why you may ask?
1. It's One Direction so why not?
2. We went everywhere in this video...
and I find that something to be pumped about.


Yesterday was another free day.
(they're golden)
Best believe we took advantage of it.

Here's just a little snippet of places we went:
- Lots of parks
-Ghandi statue
- Nando's
- The British Library
- St. Pancras Station
- Kings Cross Station
-Platfrom 9 & 3/4...need I say more?
(don't worry i will say more)
- Saint James
- Saint James Park
- Buckingham Palace
- Trafalgar Square
- Big Ben

I get stoked when we have free days.
We only had three hours of class
and then we were
released into the
wild.

We did a "walk" required for our London walks class
that took us straight to the British Library.
Probably my favorite part of the walk
was finding a
hidden
church
along the way.
You sneeeaky church.

The British Library was
preeeeeety incredible.
We had a list of things we had to see while there.
Just to name a few...
- The King's Bookshelf
(Beauty and the Beast status)
- The Magna Carta
- Original Beatles lyrics
(written on birthday cards and envelopes)
-Handel's Messiah
- Jane Austen's notebook
- Beethoven's sonata
- Gutenburg Bible

You could say I was kinda blown away by it all.
"I digested a gust of wind today..."
(Anybody, anybody?)

This is Madeleine, me, Kate, MaCall and Kennedy
outside of the British Library
doing an ad for AT&T.
Just joshing :)We're actually in front of this really cool statue.
It was supposed to be in the picture.
But the nice Brit that I asked to take it...
well,
he decided to cut that part out.

Next it was off to St Pancras Station.
This place is mind bottling.

Just check it out!
Here's Kate and I in front of it all.

Drum roll.
I mean this in all seriousness.
.....
I'm still comprehending what went down yesterday.
I'm coming Harry!
Platform 9 & 3/4 my friends :)
My roommate and best bud Cami...
well she loves Harry and the whole gang.
like, a lot.
So I couldn't help but think of her while I was there.
Cami-I miss you dearly. Hagrid says hello.
May I also just mention that Kings Cross Station is
ginormous.
My camera died right after this glorious momento
so I have no pictures to add now
from the amazing Saint James Park
and Buckingham Palace.
There were a couple moments where we all just sat there,
staring,
in silence.
I've decided that the Queen probably listens to One Direction...
at least I hope so.
So "yesterday...all my troubles seemed so far away..."
and they're hanging out in far far away town
with Shrek and Fiona
cuz I'm in London town.
(I sure hope you recognized those Beatles lyrics)
Today...
Shopping time!
We made a nice little visit to Primark.
Then tonight...
duhhhh...duh duhm duhm duhm duhmmmmm.
Phantom of the Opera!


Tomorrow...
it's off to Paris
for 3 whole days.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Remember when....you are at the Tulleries, and when you have crepes, and...at Mont'mart, and when you ride the Ferris Wheel, oh do you get to go to the Opera House?, we missed that so try to squeeze it in. Have a ball!

    ReplyDelete