Sunday, April 29, 2012

Death Eaters aint got nothin on the Millenium Bridge

Happy Sunday Harry Potter.

I went and saw the Millenium bridge yesterday.
You know,
the one those mean Death Eaters attacked?

 
Well, it was in the movie 
The Half Blood Prince.
I don't know if you knew...
but you're kind of a movie star.
I don't really remember 
where you were when they attacked this bridge
but it's back up now.
You make us muggles proud
for putting an end to that creep Voldemort.

This is me at that very bridge!
I am oh so happy to report
that even though the attack shook things up a bit in London,
it is now back to it's proper form.
And it is beautiful!
Here is a picture in front of it to prove
that it is still standing.

Say ello to Jasmine, Erin, Me and Amanda!
Today was an amazing Sunday.
I have decided that doing my hair here is
pointless.
It just rains here allll the time.
Actually,
it was the wettest reported April here on record.
Stick that in your back pocket, please?

I sat next to a lovely British boy in church today.
:)
His name is Stewart.
I feel like he restored my hope in London 
after my catastrophe of an experience with the Hun last night. 

I really enjoyed being at church.
I've decided that everything
I mean, everything
sounds so much better with a British accent.
I never once dozed off in Sunday School. 
The chaps reading the scriptures aloud
well, 
it all just made me happy.

Plus, the neighborhood that the Britannia Singles Ward meets in
reminds me of The Parent Trap.
That's the movie that forever ago got me wanting to go to London
...
so I was
dang
excited.
On the way to church we got completely poured on
walking through Hyde Park.
As lovely as it was,
we thought it would be nice to take the bus back.
A splendid, piano-playing, British chap from the Singles Ward
was kind enough to lead us to the bus stop.
He told us everything we needed to know
about America.
He said,
"You guys all wear those dodgy Levi trousers."
What a splendid young bloke!


Here I am with MaCall on the bus ride home!


Tonight we had a fireside from Bishop Garith Newton-Williams.
Turns out,
I'll be serving in his ward :)
We'll be getting our callings soon and I simply cannot wait!

His advice for us during our time here
was great.
He said to,
"Get Stuck In."
I really want to take that to heart.
By that,
he means for us to just get out as much as we can.
If we have to do homework...do it...
in the park,
on the bus,
on the tube,
or maybe...
just don't do it?
Noooo he didn't say that last one :)

Well, tomorrow we are off to Stratford-on-Avon
and I'm quite stoked to see
Shakespeare's Stomping Grounds.

Goodnight!
p.s. I got to skype my parents (and our puppy Bella) tonight
from the super classy Burger King down the street.
I miss them.
I love them.
Thank you Mom and Dad for giving me this opportunity :)
I promise to love every minute of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment