Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Hun stole my Coke can

Welcome to the Day of Adventures.
It was a day of
funny Tube conversations
toasted cheese sandwiches
fresh raspberries
bridges
modern art
Tuk Tuk Thai
angry woman at mentioned Thai restaurant
early showing of The Avengers
getting lost in London
getting soaked in London
...
and I enjoyed
every
single
moment of it.

We started at the London Bridge
hey hey Fergie!


This is Erin, Me, Paige and Mallory!


Then off to the Borough Market.
Many a friends have told me to buy a
Toasted Cheese Sandwich
when coming to this market.
I now know why.
These sandwiches, are not just sandwiches.
They're
well...
delicious, amazing, cheesy, scrumpcious sandwiches!


This is Kate and I with our cheesy cheesy sandwiches!

I absolutely loved being at the market.
It kind of reminds me of home a bit.
I love the excitement,
the hustle and bustle
the smells in the air
the bartering
and just the tastes of everything you get to try.
The raspberries were probably some of the best I have ever had.
And oh goodness,
you best believe I will be going back to buy some
chocolate cinnamon covered almonds.

After the market we walked over to the Southwark Chapel.
Did you know that this is the very chapel that Shakespeare attended church in?
I find that rather nifty.

After this we were left to find the Tate Modern.
Picasso has some of his paintings there.
We all had fun interpreting the different works of art.
Specifically, there was one where I took on the role of being a tour guide.
My official tour guide name is Shirley.
Here I am,
 explaining this piece to my dear friend MaCall.


Here are the key points:
-there are very extinct newts (yes, I do recognize that this does not make any sense)
-the mothers place the double edged "comb" on the center of the back
-they then comb up with the other two combs
on both sides of the newt
-this leaves the hair of the newts (yes, hairy newts) sticking straight out
- then all three combs lock into place
leaving a
protective
shield.

It gave us all a good laugh for the rest of the day.
I like love to see my friends happy :)

Then, ohhh ya know,
we all just walked around in the busy city of London.
It's crazy cool how much free time they give us to just go out and
explore
all
on
our
own.

It truly was a day of Adventures...and a night of Avengers.

It all started with dinner at this place called Tuk Tuk Thai.
(also a place I had heard delightful things about)


Dinner was quite tasty and I even ordered a Diet Coke.
When I saw the can
I leaped for joy!
It was a limited edition
2012
London Olympics can.
I wanted to keep it.
forever.

Mmm but there was a waitress there who didn't just try to take this can from me once
oh no,
but twice.
And she succeeded.

Now, this lady...
she looks
exactly
like the Hun from Mulan.
And our whole table was terrifed of her.
It seemed she didn't like us from when we
first walked in.
I think she was having a rough day.

When we were ready to leave
she slammed her hands on the table and said,
"Enough!"
And what upsets me most
...
I left without my coke can.

Now on to the night time...
ohhh baby.
That was full of running through the Tube station
running through the rain,
all to make it to
The Avengers.
Sorry USA,
but it's definitely worth waiting for.

Today...Tonight...every moment was full of fun surprises.

I cannot wait for my first Sunday in England.
Britannia Singles Ward
...
here we come!


2 comments:

  1. McKenzie Strunk (who served her mission in London same time Bry was in Brazil) told us about the Brittania Ward. The coolest (she says). Enjoy!! Am loving your blog posts, KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud, my daughter the art tour guide!

    ReplyDelete