Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hey Jordin Sparks! How about 528 steps at a time?

I am in London?
I am in London.
I am in LONDON!!!


Sorry, I do apologize.
I just have to keep saying it to myself because it all doesn't seem real.
But I am here,
I promise :)


I survived my first night in the BYU London Centre!
This place really is so beautiful.
It's sad to think that they're re-doing all of this after us.

This is my room, it's quite home-y for being so far away.



Today was our first day of class too!
I wish I could say I was feeling like Nemo again
but I just was struggling to keep my eyes open.
Adjusting to a new time zone always takes me a while.

However, I am thoroughly stoked about everything.
Plus I have this nifty Justin Beiber notebook from my roommate Brooke.
She's getting married soon, ya know :)

Me, Kennedy, Cree, Kayley and Jared on our first day of school :)

So today was all about Saint Paul's Cathedral.
I must say, It is absolutely incredible.
We had a really saweeeet tour guide also!
His name was Ray.
I wanted to get a picture with him
but I didn't know if that would be awkward or not.

So instead I took lots of pictures of everything else!
We weren't allowed to take pictures inside but i promise you,
it was
b-e-a-utiful.
There were mosaic ceilings, antique flags, sculptures and so much history to soak in.


This is a bunch of us in front of the cathedral! Tender.
The first of many group pictures.

Okay now, all you Harry Potter fans out there...
I'm talking to you I guess since I know we all have
even a secret love for mr. HP :)
So picture this-
Go back to the 3rd Harry Potter movie...The Prisoner of Azkaban.
You know the spiral staircase up to Professor Trelawney's room?
With the stained glass window on the side?
That was filmed in Saint Paul's Cathedral.
I could see it all as soon as he pointed it out.
I just wanted to dance when our tour guide,
Mr. Ray,
told us.

Next, we all climbed
528 steps
to get to the very tippy top of the cathedral.
And yes, it was completely worth it.


Today was also this girl's 21st birthday!


Her name is Erin.
We met last year in our BYU ward at Liberty Square
and now,
here we are together in London!
I think we really began bonding last year when we both realized our love for Justin Beiber.
And now...I just love her.
I am oh so happy that she is here.
Happy Happy Birthday Erin,
I hope it was amazing :)

Goodnight London.
Look for me at the Tower of London tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Stop it. I mean, I've never really seen any value in Divination, but to be at Professor Trelawney's old stomping grounds...
    Wow. Jealous.
    British Briggs has yet to let me down.
    Glad you're loving it!

    Happy Birthday, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels. This is awesome. Except for one thing. THERE IS NOT A PICTURE OF ME ON YOUR BOARD. Give me your address and I will send one to you. I'm not even joking. Love you sis.

    :)

    ReplyDelete