Friday, April 27, 2012

I think the elevator is giving us the silent treatment...


Meet the Tower of London!
This is where we spent a whole chunk of our time today.
And I have created a
 new 
fake 
swear word for myself.
It is...
puddle.
As in "oh puddle"
I'm thinking it will stick,
seeing how much rain we've had the last few days.

Remember how I didn't have rain boots, an umbrella or a jacket?
Well...
day uno: I bought myself some nice red boots
they are quite lovely.
day dos: I found a spunky red umbrella covered in poppies.
day tres: it poured on me quite a lot, 
and I was shivering from my lack of a jacket.
So, after great concern from my fellow mates here
I gave in and bought a jacket.
And it 
is
green.
I hope I don't look like a Christmas tree...
But, hey, I'm excited to be warm finally!
 If I look just a tid bit chilly,
that's because these were all taken 
before I met my new warm jacket :)

Hey! This is Kennedy, Jaden, Katherine, Me and Lauren.
I absolutely just think they're wonderful.
This is us in front of the tower!
It was originally used to hold prisoners and such.

This is Mallory!

She has an awesome bucket list full of things she wants to do in her life.
I kinda, sorta, really admire her for that.
Going to the tower of London was on
that
list.
I hope it was everything she had ever dreamed of :)


Ohh heyyyy Mistahhh guard man.

Right before I took this photo he was swingin around his gun.
I was afraid,
hence
the slight "ready-to-run" position.
I can't wait to go to Buckingham Palace to say hello to these sorta fellas again.
Next time...
I will be ready.
"ready-to-try-to-make-them-laugh"
 I don't really know if that's something
appropriate for "quotations"
since I just made it up...



Okay, so I just love these cute girls right here.
I love everyone here.

We all went on our first lunch adventure to fish and chips together.
Meet Kate, MaCall and Kennedy :)


Woah...wo-oh-oh!
Is that really me in front of The Tower Bridge?

 


More and more in front of the Tower of London.
This was one of the few special moments
where we didn't need our umbrellas.

Say cheers to Kate, Madeleine, Romm, Amanda, Bronwyn and Chris

Tender moment.
This was our Londinium walking group.
I already feel like I've known these people for ever.
Let me tell you, they are great.
And we...well, we're having fun in London together.



ohhhh yes, and
p.s.
This is my wonderful friend Hannah!
She did this same study abroad in the Winter.
We ran into eachother just outside of Yogland last night.
It certainly was delightful!

Soooo the blog title, yes, getting to that.
MaCall, Amanda and I were all heading back to the Centre
on the Tube.
To get back up to the main ground
you have to hop into an elevator.
Okay, well the British folks don't hop.
They seem to believe in being very quiet in most public places.
Maybe even in private places...
(however, I wouldn't know that)

Back to it...we were the very last people to get on this elevator
 and things were pretty tight.
We all bunched in
super,
duper
(excited-Viola anyone?)
close together and were far from the doors.
Once they started to close, MaCall and I backed up to get more space.
And then,
it came,
in a loud, upset, British accent.
"Please do not obstruct the doors!"
What happened next?
MaCall and I had a full on laugh attack in the corner
while the lovely chaps in the elevator gave us all a silent death stare.

and we just kept right on laughing.

I also think it's fun to note
that after only 3 days here
I cannot stop myself from speaking
in a British accent...
ever.
I have to mentally convince myself to speak in an American accent.
Right on :)


Off to Borough Market tomorrow,

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a good time and are now going to stay dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way with words, now with a British accent. If anyone can make one of the guards laugh it will be you.

    ReplyDelete